Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motion Industries

On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:14:36 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:
Ok... any of you guys deal with them? There is a Motion Industries shop
not far from my house, and I have looked up a couple items on their
website, but I haven't done any business with them yet. I was curious
how their over all business attitude is, and how they might treat a
small purchaser / hobbyist. Yes I know that will vary dramatically from
individual to individual, but often its also a reflection of the top
down management and customer service attitude.

I have no experience with Motion Technologies.
However, please check out Applied Industrial Technologies:
http://www.applied.com/
http://applied.findlocation.com/

I buy bearings and other parts from them in tiny quantities.
Their prices are always very reasonable and the folks at
the counter are friendly and knowledgeable.

Exactly the opposite of what I found up here, both in price and
attitude. Weird. (see my rant posted earlier)
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
-- Madeleine L'Engle