Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Cutting rubber tiles

In article ,
wrote:

On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:20:13 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl
wrote:

What is a quick and easy way to cut 5/8" thick rubber tiles made from
recycled car tires?

(I have about 60 tiles to cut. A utility knife will take forever).

Never heard of such a thing, but it sounds like the cattle mats us
farmers use in animal stalls. I've cut the stall mats with a saber
saw. Takes a long time, but it works. It should be easier to cut a
12" time than a 4x8 foot sheet that weights several hundred pounds.
These cattle mats are also about 5/8" thick. Probably the same stuff.
Just curious why you want that on the floor? Is it black like the cow
mats?

Where did she say she wanted it on the floor?