Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Saw from Harbor Freight

"justme" wrote in message
Thanks, E.A. for your information.

I guess that I will have to spring for another H.F. 14" abrasive chop
saw strictly for aluminum. Then, try a fine toothed blade in my RAS,
too for aluminum.

I hate the finish of the cut with an abrasive blade on aluminum. I use a
good carbide blade and cut it on my table saw.

I did a longitudinal cut in a 5 foot length of 3/4 inch aluminum and I
had the shop doors open and the RAS grabbed that plate and threw it
against the house about 15 feet away with an awful sound when it hit
the brick wall.

You have to use sharp blades and replace them as soon as they start to grab.

I just don't have any idea of what it would have do
to my stomach had I been in the way of it. It really taught me a
lesson.

I've got a scar on my gut that looks like a bullet wound.