Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Mineral Deposits In Household Pipes

On May 20, 6:20*pm, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 14:54:00 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On May 20, 3:19*pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2011 12:04:47 -0400, jaygreg
wrote:

2) Water pressure noticeably lower. Neighbors notice no change in their
pressure.

Have you checked any valves to see if they might be partially closed,
restricting water flow?

Just one thing to check :-/

or a faulty pressure reducing valve in the OPs home?

or a obstruction at the meter?

My PRV value is say 14 years old. I guess it could fail. but not yet.
And, I don't tamper with it.

OP can put a PSI gauge on a hose bib, closest to the meter and give us
a pressure reading.

Take morning, noon and afternoon readings...

back in the fred flintstone era when I was growing up our family had a
low flow problem and red stuff blocking aerators. The waer company
traced it back to some work they did in the neighborhood.

OP might begin by calling water company for a free diagnose....