Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default 5000 lbs crane on a 3/4 ton pickup

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

It's hard for many of us to identify with other modes of learning,
but being exposed to a lot of case histories (and her students)
has given me a few surprises.

I'll bet! Where is Art Linkletter when we need him?

As for the writing of textbooks, I think it's the result of having
textbooks, particularly specialized ones, written by experts in their fields
who just don't have much writing experience. They tend to be pedantic,
rigorous, and jargon-filled, because they worry about sounding
"professional." Editing scientific papers written by medical doctors, my
eyes often roll back in their sockets.

Yup. Though in my my experience, mail carriers are about the only
group that have chosen not to 'bombard me with obfuscation'.

I'm sure they could if they wanted to.

Writing is like any other skill: practice, practice, practice...

Yup.

--Winston