Posted to alt.home.repair
andyeverett andyeverett is offline

Default 1/2 inch anchors for hollow concrete block? Must resist pull out.

On May 20, 3:13*pm, Limp Arbor wrote:
On May 20, 2:48*pm, andyeverett wrote:

A costumer wants 7 foot ceder posts attached to the side of landing
made of concrete blocks topped with brick. A hand rail will be
attached to the posts and a flat ceder board attached to the top of
the posts that will serve as a plant shelf.

I'm not sure if a concrete slab lies under the brick? The landing is
about 30 inches high. What ever anchors I use must resist pull out
forces from the railing and shelf.

Do appropriate anchors exist for what I want to do?

Thanks for any help!

If they are concrete blocks (not that crappy dark grey stuff) toggle
bolts would work.

Or look he

http://www.simpsonanchors.com/

Thank you! I found this:

http://www.simpsonanchors.com/catalo...od_hanger.html

But think the toggles you suggested will be more simple,

http://www.simpsonanchors.com/pdf/ca...-2009-p178.pdf

If I can't find ones long enough I can just substitute threaded rod.
Great idea, thank you!

http://www.simpsonanchors.com/pdf/ca...-2009-p178.pdf