Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default a case for safety

On May 20, 8:40*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Performance is how the drill performs in use. Function is
how the drill functions.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On May 19, 8:11 am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Uh, you know. Improved perforamance and function.... Prime
uses better quality cells for the rebuild.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

primecell.com will rebuild those dewalt power packs with
cells better
than new,,,- Hide quoted text -

Please define "better than new".

Just curious...

uh, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Improved performance *and* function?

Explain the difference when discussing a cordless tool
battery.- Hide quoted text -

You appear to have misunderstood my question.

Let's break it down:

1 - Bob Haller said that Primecell battery packs were "better than
new"
2 - I asked for a definition of "better than new"
3 - You replied: "Improved perforamance and function" (sic)
4 - I asked you to explain the difference between performance and
function when discussing a cordless tool
*battery*, not a cordless tool.
5 - You replied "Performance is how the drill performs in use.
Function is how the drill functions"

I'm still looking for a explanation of the difference between
performance and function of the Primecell rebuilt *battery* packs.

How is the performance improved vs. a new pack from the manufacturer?
(That should be easy)

How is the function improved vs. a new pack from the manufacturer? If
the battery's function is to provide power to the tool's motor, how
have they improved the provision of that power?

P.S. Defining "performance" by saying it's how a item performs and
defining "function" by saying it's how an item functions wouldn't get
you too many points on a vocabulary exam.

1 - It does not show understanding of the terms and the ability to
explain them
2 - If the person you are talking to doesn't know what the word
"performance" or "function" means, using the same terms in the
definition will not help them.