Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt[_7_] Matt[_7_] is offline

Default Mineral Deposits In Household Pipes

On 05/19/2011 11:04 AM, jaygreg wrote:
Here's how I led to the speculation:

1) White mineral deposits formed at end of faucet nozzles

Do you mean on the outside of the nozzle? Maybe in the same place where
a drop of water hangs? If so, that is explained by evaporation of the
water part of hard water. I mean the water would evaporate and leave
the hardness minerals behind as a solid, like a stalactite. Since there
is generally no evaporation from the inside of the pipe, you wouldn't
get deposits there, at least not by the same process.

(lightly but
enough to find material in the screen filters... usually white...assumed
calcium)

2) Water pressure noticeably lower. Neighbors notice no change in their
pressure.

On 5/19/2011 8:09 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:
On May 18, 6:13 pm, wrote:
For some time now, I've watched mineral deposits slow the flow of water
in selected pipes.