George Eversole Jr.

Default Good Pulley

http://www.mcmaster.com
would be another viable option.
-george

"Subw00er" wrote in message . ..
Can someone point me towards a good pulley source? I need a 5", 5/8" bore,
pulley for my old Rockwell belt sander (It will go on a 1hp electric motor).
I just bought one from McMaster (Part #6245K47 - Die Cast Finished-Bore
V-Belt Pulley 4L, A-, & Ax-Section, 5" OD, 3/4" Bore $5.39) but it is of
low quality. It is cast with a machined center which sounds good, but
doesn't really help because the rest of it is out of round and introduces
vibration! I'm pretty sure its not balanced either. I guess I'm looking for
a machined aluminum pulley?

I don't mind spending $20 or so for a pulley if it will be machined true. I
heard from UA100 (Thanks!) that the Browning pulleys are good, but I don't
see a place to buy them online. Are they high quality?

Thanks for any replies.