Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default New Saw from Harbor Freight

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Steve W." fired this volley in news:B_iBp.10733
:

I have used just about every saw out there. From plain circular saws
through the K-12 and our carbide toothed chain saws.
The twin does as well or better for the tasks we use it for than the
others in a lighter and easier to handle package.

What I don't understand is this:

Even with a carbide blade, running a blade backwards into the work dulls
it quickly -- it rounds over the cutting edge. With that contraption,
one blade is ALWAYS cutting backwards. Just the friction heating alone
should kill blades quickly.

LLoyd

The blades do not have the normal cutting edges on them. Each tooth
actually has dual cutting edges.
They also only have set to one side. The ones we have don't get very hot
in use IF you lube them. The factory wax works good but we use a spray
on product because you don't have to stop to lube the saw.

--
Steve W.