Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan[_8_] Ivan[_8_] is offline

Default Bringing pool circuits up to code

I've had problems with the pump circuit at my pool. The electrician
fixed that by bypassing some other stuff up there and says he won't do
any more unless I agree to let him bring the old wiring up to code.
From what I've seen of what the prior electrician did, he's right.
But I'm not sure everything he wants to do is necessary:
1) Bonding filter pump and heater to "the bonding bar in the
electrical equipment trough". Sounds good to me, but I don;'t think we
have a bonding bar or a trough.
2) Supply and install a mounting board for the electrical
equipment. Needed? At the moment, it's all mounted to a structural
element of the pump house.
3) Install a twist-lock receptacle with in-use cover and a twist-
lock cord and plug for the pump? At the moment, the motor is hard-
wired to a switch. It is only disconnected when service is required.

Why are these items needed? The rest of his suggestions all make
obvious sense, so I have not listed them.