Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Solar Systems, Entry level--- More

On May 19, 1:54*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*Andy wrote:
* *Thanks again , Henry. *I'm sure that most of those who post
here will have an interet in your first hand experience...

Count me out of any interest in Harry's babbling. How much credibility
are you going to give a guy who opines, even insists, that a grid-tie
solar system is a DIY job?

Maybe Texas is as lawless as England, but in CA anyway, you damn well
need a building permit, it absolutely has to be wired up by a licensed
electrician, and to qualify for any rebates or sell any power to the
utility it has to be an officially approved system, installed by a
licensed contractor who likewise has to have undergone training and been
State approved.

Maybe we're a whole lot smarter than you over there. I have built
several houses single handed and made major upgrades to others. This
is normal in the UK.
I was in charge of maintenence of buildings as a career. From very
large to domestic. All trades. All aspects of design.

Have look at this link. TV programme about UK self builders. Some of
the more ambitious ones.
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/grand-designs/