Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheeeep drum switch?

On Thu, 19 May 2011 08:06:03 -0700 (PDT), wolfgang
wrote:

On May 18, 5:32*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I need to fix up an old lathe before I "loan" it to a friend who's lathe-
deprived.

I need a CHEAP 3PDT drum reversing switch with positive center OFF.

The old one has crapped the bed, and I'm certain it cannot be safely
repaired.

Need 3PDT, because this motor has four reversing leads. *15A, 110V is all
it needs, and it need not be pretty.

Some ChiCom units are on Ebay for under $30.00 including shipping, but
they're NEW, and they just won't "look right" on this old beater; if you
know what I mean.

(gunner? *Iggy? other hoarders? G)

LLoyd

If it is a single phase motor you can achieve this using 2 switches;
one double pole double toggle switch to select the direction, and a
single pole single toggle to switch ON and OFF.

Select direction of rotation prior to staring the motor.

Wolfgang

Ive got some drum switches ..but I wont be home before Friday. email
me and Ill see what I have

Gunner, posting from a wifi spot

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.