Posted to alt.home.repair
Edward Reid Edward Reid is offline

Default a case for safety

On Wed, 18 May 2011 05:30:24 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:
primecell.com will rebuild those dewalt power packs with cells better
than new,,,

I've looked at them in the past and decided it didn't make sense for
this drill. I've forgotten the details. It's probably DeWalt's low-end
cordless drill, so the better replacement batteries from Primecell
would cost almost as much as the drill.

Plus my pattern of use doesn't fit a cordless tool very well: I'll go
for months without using it and then use it a few times, but when I
need it, I want it now. So either it's not charged and I can't use it,
or I leave it on the charger and the battery goes bad.

The NiCad replacement batteries from Primecell might be worth the
price, but would probably go bad like the originals. The NiMH
replacements, I don't know if they would last longer with this usage
pattern, but that's where it gets into more than the cost of the
drill.

Maybe when lithium ion batteries come down in price I'll feel better
about cordless tools.

Edward