Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt[_7_] Matt[_7_] is offline

Default Mineral Deposits In Household Pipes

On 05/18/2011 05:13 PM, jaygreg wrote:
For some time now, I've watched mineral deposits slow the flow of water
in selected pipes.

You have "watched" it. Have you actually _seen_ the deposits? Please
describe what you have seen.

What kind of pipes do you have? What "water tank" do you mean?

I recently cut a couple of copper lines that have carried hard water for
40 years and found virtually no deposits. And my water is very hard:
over 30 grains/gal.

But downstream from the water softener, the pressure was horrible. That
was because the softener resin had turned to mush and was clogging up
the softener's strainer. But that doesn't explain your problem, since
you say you don't have a softener.