Reestit Mutton

Default YAGI: Yet Another Good Idea!

Mungo Henning wrote:
Hi Folks,

So now, the Good Idea is to use an old newspaper to line the top of the
cupboards (all hidden
behind the pelment thinggy on top of the cupboard - it's not a "pelmet" it's
a "..." damn, can't
remember the word).

Yep - that's what I do, but with lining paper.

However...Newspapers might be more interesting when it comes to cleaning
up after 10 years - it's give you a nostalgia trip just reading 'em.

....and the word you're looking for is "cornice" - "pelmet" goes under
the cupboards and "plinth" goes along the floor to hide the legs of the
base units.

"plinth" is also (mistakenly?) referred to by some people as "kickboard"
although, I always thought that was the metal plate screwed to the
bottom of doors to avoid damaging them over time due to kicking.

RM