Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_26_] Andy[_26_] is offline

Default Solar Systems, Entry level--- More

On May 18, 1:28 pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

"chaniarts" wrote:

yes. i have a 7.7kw array. i just signed up with a new insurance agent this
month. when asked, they said that having a pv install had no difference on
the cost of house insurance.

That's because currently there are so few of them that it is cheaper to
pay the claims than do the extra underwriting. I expect that to change
within the next 5 years.

Andy adds:
Another think I just though of.... Most likely one has to get a
building
permit in order to have a system installed. That means that the tax
man
knows of the addition, and, since it adds to the value of the house,
the system will be taxed.... Around here the rule of thumb is that
the
yearly taxes run about 2% of the value, so that's 2% per year for the
life of the system...... and I'll bet they goose the asset value up
each
year just like they do the house......

Andy in Eureka, Texas

PS to "chainiarts" ---- How much did your 7.7Kw system cost and
who is the manufacturer ? Did you get any
rebates?
Thanks.