Mungo Henning

Default YAGI: Yet Another Good Idea!

Hi Folks,
Well, I think it's a good idea (hence the Subject line).

It sounds blooming obvious when you think about it, but I'm sharing the
concept
just the same.

Scenario: Our 1999 kitchen needs a freshening coat of paint, hence I've got
the sugar soap
out to degrease the walls before I recoat them.
My wife and I are reasonably tall (she's 5' 10", I'm 6' 2") so when we
bought the kitchen we
chose tall wall cupboards to increase the storage and avoid the temptation
of putting items
on top of the cupboard.
Whilst on my rare visit to the eight inch gap between cupboard top and
ceiling I noticed the
quantity of dust the enough to plant flowers in (yuk!).
So, after a good ten or more minutes scrubbing I've time to consider the
next ocassion when I
will repeat the event - something to be avoided.

So now, the Good Idea is to use an old newspaper to line the top of the
cupboards (all hidden
behind the pelment thinggy on top of the cupboard - it's not a "pelmet" it's
a "..." damn, can't
remember the word).

Simple. Effective. And in another 4 years time all I do is gather the
newspaper and bin it
and replace it.

Just passing on the tip.

Mungo :-)