Posted to alt.home.repair
Edward Reid Edward Reid is offline

Default a case for safety

On Wed, 18 May 2011 01:41:14 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:
These are all precision tools which benefit greatly from
the protection of their storage cases.

Sure. I did say power tools. And I imagine those tools of yours have
cases designed to fit and protect the tool. Hey, I still (somewhere)
have my father's old slide rule that he got probably 75 years ago --
in its original leather case. And his engineering drafting tools, in
their case.

I would appreciate even the power tool cases if they were designed to
fit and store the tool, efficiently, instead of being mostly generic
and oversized. I have a DeWalt cordless drill whose case does a pretty
good job of storing the drill and batteries. That would be worth
having if it also had a place to store bits securely. But it doesn't.
And the batteries are shot, so the drill will also be gone soon. Along
with its case.

Edward