Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Concrete Pad versus Paving Blocks

Heathcliff wrote in news:fe5d9e4a-edf3-
:

I agree about the active root zone and also that you should be careful
about harming the tree in this project - consider (a) consulting with
a tree expert from a local university or arboretum, (b) building a
deck platform that lays on top of the ground, it would be a lot easier
too, or (c) just getting lawn furniture that won't sink in. Even
easier. However, I don't think the information about cyanide in the
nuts is correct. They may have tannins which can give a bitter taste
(like acorns) but not cyanide. I have heard differing opinions on how
good they are, some people like them and some not. May depend on
individual taste and/or the particular tree. --H

Memory is getting old. Can't find a reference for cyanide in beechnuts.
It is (as prussic acid) in almonds. I like both but it is easier to get
almonds in the store grin. How well beechnuts taste is indeed a function
of tree and of taster.

--
Best regards
Han