Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default May 21, no more home repairing

On May 17, 1:37*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On May 17, 1:32*pm, Red Green wrote:

RicodJour wrote :

On May 17, 11:09 am, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Tue, 17 May 2011 10:12:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cigJM9g2fqI
Everyone ready? Harold Camping says rapture that day.

Cancell that renovation, Edith! Stifle, Edith! Stifle!

It was supposed to be May 12, but that passed by. No surprise. We do
NOT know the day or the hour. And the finale on October 12. I guess
that once the 12th passed it became the 21st instead. Just like his
88 reasons Chri
st
is returning in 1988 and the follow-up 89 reasons Christ is returning
in 1989. So much for the 7 years of tribulation (wrath of God) and
Christ's 1,000 year reign on earth. Just another Jim Jones or David
Koresh who end up making a mockery of Christ before the nations. I
like Augustine's response to knowing it was the last day. "I would
pay a debt and plant a tree." Much better than raking up the debt and
leaving people high and dr
y.
Not much of a testimony.

Jim Jones correctly predicted their last day for a large number of
people.

Damn Insiders...

It was a hot day - there was KoolAid. *Who wouldn't drink it?

I'm really not up on that particular event, but if JJ said, "This is
poison, drink it and you will die and go to Heaven." and then
everybody drank it, he missed his calling. *He should have been in
sales.

R- Hide quoted text -

"He should have been in sales."

He was, and was quite good at it.

Thing is, he was selling "a way of life" not used cars.

One of the reasons he moved his cult to Jonestown was to avoid paying
taxes on his sizable net worth, a lot of which was gained by
convincing (see "sales") his followers to liquidate their assets and
turn them over to his church.

After convincing (see "sales") some of his followers to gun down
Representative Leo Ryan, 3 reporters and a defector as they tried to
leave the Jonestown complex, he ordered his followers to drink the
kool-aid in what he deemed a "revolutionary suicide". He convinced
(see "sales") parents to give the drink to their children first and
then themselves, kind of opposite of the oxygen mask instructions
given on an airplane.

Those that didn't buy his sales pitch regarding the suicide were
mudered by those that did.

If he didn't deserve Salesman of the Year in 1978, no one did.