Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help with wiring colors on old headphones

On Tue, 17 May 2011 08:17:49 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

Is there going to be a prize for suggesting the most obscure (but
effective) way of determining the phasing?

Plug in both earphones or speakers with random wiring and play
something in stereo. If it sounds right, you're done. If the
orchestra sounds like a ping pong game, switch polarity on one
earphone or speaker. If you can't tell the difference, replace the
listener and try again. I hate to admit it, but I've done it this way
a few times. I'll accept my price in US dollars.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D