Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Who is on Facebook?

Swingman wrote:
On 5/16/2011 5:19 PM, Bill wrote:

I have never even texted (and have no regrets so far).

That simply means that you statistically don't have a child between 12
and 30. These puppies don't snail mail, email, fax or answer phone
calls ... but they TEXT at the drop of a hat.

No kidding!!! Try to call them and you get voice mail. Text them
immediately after trying to call, and they immediately reply. Go figure.

That said, I don't Twitter ... I feel about Twitter like many of you
profess to feel about FaceBook.

And that's how I know that I'm really getting old. I understand the
technology just fine. I grew up in technology, was one of the early guys in
the world of UNIX, and had my hands on the original DARPANET - before Al
Gore invented the internet. So - I'm no techno-phobe, but... and it's a big
butt... Twitter - what the hell is that all about? The social media of
today just strikes me as too open - too much information shared and/or
forced upon "friends" that just does not need to be "shared". Too many
people blabbering about too many meaningless and insignificant things - that
they just must share with everyone. What do I really care that someone I
know had gas today and blew a big fart? Hell, if that were really
newsworthy, I'd be a Pulitzer Prize winning reporter!

--

-Mike-

I simply don't find it useful for my purposes.