Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Straightening ceiling fan blades

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
We put some fans out on our patio. Over a few years, the blades have
drooped. These blades appear to be some type of luan, about 3/16" wide.
They appear to be either composite plastic, or some form of pulped wood.

Can they be straightened? Maybe put in an oven with some brick weights,
and a pan of water to make a steam chamber out of it? Other suggestions?

If I go buy new ones, are there different materials and grades? The local
ReStore, (the one for Habitat for Humanity) has sets of 5 for $3, and I'll
take them Wednesday when I go to see if the bolt pattern is the same. But
just wondering if these can be salvaged.

Steve

There are paddle fans made specifically for outdoor use, often called
outdoor fans, porch fans, and gazebo fans. The blades on this type of fan
are typically made from materials such as plastic, that are not damaged by
the elements