Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Who is on Facebook?

-MIKE- wrote:
On 5/16/11 5:19 PM, Bill wrote:
Good for you. I have never even texted (and have no regrets so far). I
Have been reading a couple books, on pdf, written between 1903 and
1907--go figure. I'm beginning to get a handle on figuring this stuff
out: Civilization (technological progress to the n^(th) degree) seems to
be unraveling humanity--at least in the US of A. I'm sure that my
statement can be reasonably be attacked or defended, but I find it an
interesting notion and note examples in my day-to-day life.

Bill

Old people have been saying that about every technological advance in
the history of civilization.

I thought of that while I was typing.

I'm sure there were old cavemen who said
fire and the wheel would make everyone lazy.

And how many people in your family could start a fire without a pack or
matches or a lighter if their life depended on it!

Technology seems to breed ignorance--especially such as the "assembly
line"--which devoured the tradesmen whose "lost" skills are coveted by
many of us. Just sayin'.

Bill