Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Truck rack

Steve,

Do you **really** need the 20' in single lengths? I live 200 miles
from our aluminum suppliers and I have a SWB Dodge with extended cab.
The tray is barely 8' long. I get the metal people to cut everything
in half and they do it for free. Drop the tailgate down, rope them so
they can't slide out and a couple of red flags they also supply and I
am off home.

I have 3/8" x 2" U-bolts mounted standing up on the rear bumper either
side of the tailgate as rope loops. I can get everything really
tightly roped through those. The rear bumper is rated to haul a 5000-
lb trailer so nothing is coming loose.

I used to haul the 18' car trailer down and back until I realized that
only about 3 of the 16' and 20' sticks in a load of about 1200-lbs,
were used in the full length, so now I weld two halves if I ever have
to have 16' etc.

Dave