Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Straightening ceiling fan blades

On May 16, 11:16*am, "Steve B" wrote:
We put some fans out on our patio. *Over a few years, the blades have
drooped. *These blades appear to be some type of luan, about 3/16" wide..
They appear to be either composite plastic, or some form of pulped wood.

Can they be straightened? *Maybe put in an oven with some brick weights, and
a pan of water to make a steam chamber out of it? *Other suggestions?

If I go buy new ones, are there different materials and grades? *The local
ReStore, (the one for Habitat for Humanity) has sets of 5 for $3, and I'll
take them Wednesday when I go to see if the bolt pattern is the same. *But
just wondering if these can be salvaged.

Steve

Lot of times the mount is symetrical. If so just flip them.