Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,uk.rec.audio

Default Help with wiring colors on old headphones

"Ian Jackson"
wrote in message ...

I find that reversing the phase of one of the headphones produces
a much wider audio image, and is generally much easier to listen
to. I can only hope that the purists will forgive me.

The late J Gordon Holt described the effect (for him) as cleaning out
everything inside his end.

How bothered you are by it depends on how sensitive you are to "phasiness".

There is nothing wrong with listening to mono with reverse polarity. But if
you listen to stereo that way -- you will, indeed, have the purists down on
you.