Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Dual Saw informercial

Existential Angst wrote:

Oh..... THAT kind of backwards!!!!! Took me a while, but I got it....
LOL!!!!
Good ole friction cutting, eh?
Methinks running a blade in *that* kind of backwards might be useful for
sharpening a conventionally dull blade??

Ed, if you recall, I had posted on this some time ago in ahr, where those
assholes apparently dint understand climb vs. conventional cutting, AND
wouldn't believe the likes of me, until you chimed in.
Just saw the informercial again, and was just wondering if, after all this
time, there was some consensus of opinion amongst the rcm sophists.... I
mean, sophisticates.... sorry......

Also really wondering if this saw has some special practical or industrial
utility. God knows it doesn't in MY shop....

They work well for vehicle extrication work. Cut faster and quieter than
other saws we use. Plus the smaller blades make it easier to avoid
cutting unwanted items. Also doesn't generate a lot of sparks while in
use. That can be a BIG thing at times..
It was the intended use IIRC.

--
Steve W.