Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Furnace

On Sun, 15 May 2011 18:32:13 -0500, Sunworshipper
SW@GWNTUNDRA wrote:

Any ideas on filtering, storage, delivery, and waist disposal of used
oil? Somehow, I need to keep the mess minimal. I'm thinking of making
a ceramic stand for the crucible, will that work? Or making ceramic
screens ? I need the pour clean or flaws will show up during
machining.

I built it big enough to do a large cast iron part in the future, but
will stick to aluminum for the moment.

SW

===========
see
http://www.lindsaybks.com/prod/sub/foundry.html
the following are a few of those on this URL
http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks/chasoil/index.html
http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks5/chalfur/index.html
http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks7/chas1/index.html
http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks8/chas2/index.html
http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/cruc/index.html

No connection with Lindsay except as a very satisfied
customer.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).