Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cell phones kill bumblebees.....?

On Sun, 15 May 2011 16:57:22 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On May 15, 7:40*pm, Wes wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
There is some mechanism that has killed off a ****load of bees ALL OVER
the 1st world.

The beekeeper at our club told me that bees don't winter over very well in northern
michigan. *He has to buy some new ones every year.

He also told me that the african bees don't like our weather either and die off.

Wes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varroa_destructor

I wonder if remoted speaker audio from the cell phones would agitate
bees.

Do wireless (vs wired) cameras observing the hive also bother them?

jsw

Some life forms may..may be sensitive to ranges of frequencies of RF.

Shrug..beyond my paygrade.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is