Joe Willmann

Default Shipping job oversears & bringing workers here??

Renata wrote in
:

Now, dontcha think educating children - yours, mine, theirs, etc. - is
to everyone's benefit? You want little rugrats with nothing to do,
running aorund causing trouble, growing up unskilled and unable to
contribute down the road?

Now do you think what goes on in public schools today is education? And
what makes you think that going to school will make a difference. I see
the long term state of affairs pretty bleakly.

About 25 years ago I got into software development. It was, and still
is fun and exciting to be able to create new and exciting things. I
looked into the future and dreamed about eventually buying a large sail
boat and doing my work from there using satalite communication and
networking. What I didn't take into account was that if I could do my
work from a boat in the south Pacific why can't my work be done from
India? Why pay me $50.00 or more per hour when there are people in
India willing to do the work for $5.00 per hour? I guess I was a little
short sighted. What does this have to do with anything? Well I have
been unemployeed for 2 years now.

So what does my unemployement have to do with your kids getting an
education? Lots. Pick a carear for your kids, any one will do. Now
ask youself if that job could be outsourced. There are very few that
can't. Accountant? That can be done anywhere that has access to the
company books which are all kept on computers. How about payroll,
admin, management, legal, tax, scheduling, and the list goes on and on.

Just about the only jobs that can't be outsourced are those that
actually require a human presence. Waitress, cook, carpenter, plumber,
bricklayer, police, jobs like that.

I see a future in America when a HUGE portion of the jobs that now
support middle class America slowly, of not so slowly just goes away.
What happens then with the rest of the jobs that provide middle class
America? When all the accountants, book keepers and computer
programmers can no longer find those kinds of jobs they have to start
taking jobs as carpenters, framers, plumbers and waiters. What happens
to those wages when there is a glut of people that want those jobs? The
wages go way down.

So what happens? Middle class America just goes away. So whay does
that have to do with educating your children? Lots. Don't waste your
time or money. Let them play. They aren't going to be able to find
jobs when they grow up so why waste their time in school.

There are two primary political parties, Republicans and Democrats. The
Democrats would rather give me welfare check than a job and the
Republicans would rather give someone in India a job and make the price
of stock go up. Oh and what should I do? The software engineer with a
job. I should retrain into something other field.

So this week I am aplying for entry level carpenter. Two years ago I
made $110,000. This year I am hoping for $10.00 per hour.