Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing Wood

"mcp6453" wrote in message
I have to glue a cracked wooden door on a bathroom cabinet. The wood is
very
dry. Is it a good idea to slightly dampen the wood with water before
applying
carpenter's wood glue (not Gorilla Snot.) When I've glued dry wood in the
past,
it seems that the wood sucks the water out of the glue, keeping it from
flowing
smoothly.

Pointers welcome.

I've never wet the wood, but some people have done so. Too much water and
the glue will not absorb either. It should be wiped at best, not saturated.

I'd do it dry, saturate the crack or wipe both sides with wood glue, clamp
for at least a few hours.