Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Garage-door push button

Han wrote:
wrote in news:j6ius6p7qrb8oeem8q91e53g44qjtl5a6o@
4ax.com:

You can NOT use a lighted pushbutton for a garage door opener. It will
NOT work.

Well, I have a Genie garagedoor opener system, and next to the door is a
nice lighted button that does exactly what it is supposed to do. The light
is green, if that means anything, and the wire looks like something low-
voltage. Looking up a manual for Genie openers it says in big letters:

NOTE: Additional wall controls are available from
your dealer. ONLY ONE OF YOUR WALL
CONTROLS MAY BE THE LIGHTED TYPE. If you
have a lighted wall control, all your additional
controls must be un-lighted. More than one
lighted wall control per operator will cause
a malfunction.

Hi,
Of course that is LED(a diode), our Genie screw drive opener has red
colored LED in it. It is different from ordinary lamp. If you are
talking about wall mounted keypad with lighed keys, it's different
again. One shot relay is sending kinda pulse to the opener when you
punch the code from keypad. Whatever you are dealing with, if you
understand.....