Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Cell phones kill bumblebees.....?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 15 May 2011 08:03:50 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"ATP" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
news Gunner Asch wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...s-study-finds/

Interesting and VERY distressing if true.

How many hives have their own cell phone?

If the radiation from a phone under a hive does have an effect, how
close
does a cell
phone need to be to still have an effect?

Outside of maybe being a warning to beekeepers to turn off their cells
when near the
hives, I don't see what is to worry.

Oh, well maybe doen't site your hives near cell towers either.

I guess that was what we were supposed to extrapolate from this rigorous
research experiment. Weren't we supposed to be overrun by South American
killer bees by now, anyway?

Weren't those on Saturday Night Live once? Those are HUGE!

Who could _ever_ forget John Belushi dressed up as a bee?
Or in a toga?

--
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
distinctively native American criminal class except Congress.

Those antennas were starting to really **** him off.
I love where he tosses the tomato in the air, and then cuts it in half with
the samurai sword.
And then there's the Bass-O-Matic.

I guess we are all old and have no sense of humor any more, as the new
comedians and "comedy" just don't turn me on. I guess today's world can't
take a full hour of comedy any more.

Except, maybe Sinbad.

"You know when you're getting old. You HAVE to go to the movies together.
One to watch, and one to hear." He's coming to Tuacan near us, and I think
I'm going to go. He does some funny stuff, and without the N and F bombs.
Just every day life that everyone can relate to.

There's a few others. That crowd on World's Dumbest are a hoot.

Steve