Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Cell phones kill bumblebees.....?

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:54:38 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...s-study-finds/

Interesting and VERY distressing if true.

We cannot afford to lose the bees....

"Dr. Daniel Favre, a former biologist with the Swiss Federal Institute
of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland, carefully placed a mobile
phone underneath a beehive and then monitored the reaction of the
workers."

"This study shows that the presence of an active mobile phone disturbs
bees -- and has a dramatic effect," Favre told the Daily Mail.

If Dr. Favre carefully placed a glowing crucible of molten steel under
the hive and found that this disturbed the worker bees, would this
prove that steel production is damaging the bee population?

It seems evident why Dr. Favre is a *former* biologist with etc etc.

I think the experiment is a very good step. I think a good analogy is the
diff between acute radiation poisoning and low level radiation poisoning.
Saturated airwaves with this microwave bull**** could indeed have subtly
disrupting effect, enough to affect navigation behaviors which could affect
hive viability.

Scare tactics by FauxNews and similar lowbrow unethical media? No doubt.
But as gunner reiterated, the bees apparently are disappearing, and yer
friendly CorPirate Monsanto already has an ass-seeking mega-chubby, aimed
right for our collective food-requiring asses.

The executives of Monsanto need to be tried for treason, and executed.
--
EA