Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Cell phones kill bumblebees.....?

Don Foreman wrote:
If Dr. Favre carefully placed a glowing crucible of molten steel under
the hive and found that this disturbed the worker bees, would this
prove that steel production is damaging the bee population?

It seems evident why Dr. Favre is a *former* biologist with etc etc.

I was wondering about that as well. We already have research which shows
the effect of a cellphone being in close proximity to a human brain
(http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/305/8/808 ), but beehives in the wild
generally aren't subject to the point source of a cellphone.

Perhaps a better test would be to install a cellphone tower out in the
boonies and see how it affected existing beehives.

Jon