Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage-door push button

On May 14, 7:39*pm, "WW" wrote:
"gcotterl" wrote in message

A doorbell push-button operates my garage-door opener to raise and
lower the overhead garage door.

I've replaced the old push button with a new doorbell-push button.

When I press the new push button, the garage door goes in one
direction then stops. *When I push the button again, nothing happens.
(I've wired the new push button the same way the old push button was
wired) * I've even tried THREE other new push buttons of different
brands but they also move the door in just one direction.

When I re-install the original push button and push the button, the
door moves in one direction and, when I push the button again, the
door reverses.

What am I doing wrong.

That type of switch with a light will indicate to you opener that you are
still holding the switch closed even after you remove your finger. Do as
others said....Get the light out of the circuit. *WW- Hide quoted text -

This is a stupid thread, the OP should take one second to snip out the
bulb and everything will be fine.