Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_2_] Doug Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Garage-door push button

In article , gcotterl wrote:
On May 14, 11:16=A0am, dpb wrote:
On 5/14/2011 1:07 PM, wrote:

Check the original button with an ohm meter to see exactly what it is.

I've never run across one that was more than just a momentary-close conta=

ct.

I'd venture the problem is the combination doorbell-pushbutton is the
one that has something that's more than just a set of pushbotton contacts=

..

--

The original one (that works) is a Heath Zenith Wired Push Button
(Model # 700W-A)

The new one (that doesn't work) is a IQ America Wired Lighted Doorbell
Push Button (Model # DP-1110A)

And right there is your problem. Use an *un*lighted doorbell, or disconnect
the light.