Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage-door push button

On 5/14/2011 1:20 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 13:16:31 -0500, wrote:

On 5/14/2011 1:07 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Check the original button with an ohm meter to see exactly what it is.

I've never run across one that was more than just a momentary-close contact.

I'd venture the problem is the combination doorbell-pushbutton is the
one that has something that's more than just a set of pushbotton contacts.

Perhaps you missed: "I've even tried THREE other new push buttons of different
brands but they also move the door in just one direction."

No, that's _precisely_ what I mean--the combination devices are more
than _just_ a pushbutton.