Posted to alt.home.repair
gcotterl gcotterl is offline

Default Garage-door push button

On May 14, 12:08*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On May 14, 1:33*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:

gcotterl wrote:
On May 14, 11:16 am, *wrote:
On 5/14/2011 1:07 PM, wrote:

Check the original button with an ohm meter to see exactly what it is.

I've never run across one that was more than just a momentary-close contact.

I'd venture the problem is the combination doorbell-pushbutton is the
one that has something that's more than just a set of pushbotton contacts.

--

The original one (that works) is a Heath Zenith Wired Push Button
(Model # 700W-A)

The new one (that doesn't work) is a IQ America Wired Lighted Doorbell
Push Button (Model # DP-1110A)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gary

Hi,
As already mentioned you may have a button with lamp in it or diode.
You just need a plain momemtary contact button. Ohm it out.- Hide quoted text -

Remove the light bulb - cut the wire going to one end of the bulb.
I'll bet my retirement that that fixes your problem. *BTW - If the
button makes it move in one direction, how do you move it in the other
direction to try the pushbutton again. *You don't mention if the
remote control works or not.- Hide quoted text -

The remote control works correctly.

To move the garage door in the opposite direction, I have to
disconnect one of the wires from the push button, reconnect the wire
and press the push button.