Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage-door push button

On May 14, 2:24*pm, gcotterl wrote:
On May 14, 11:16*am, dpb wrote:

On 5/14/2011 1:07 PM, wrote:

Check the original button with an ohm meter to see exactly what it is..

I've never run across one that was more than just a momentary-close contact.

I'd venture the problem is the combination doorbell-pushbutton is the
one that has something that's more than just a set of pushbotton contacts.

--

The original one (that works) is a Heath Zenith Wired Push Button
(Model # 700W-A)

The new one (that doesn't work) is a IQ America Wired Lighted Doorbell
Push Button (Model # DP-1110A)

I'd bet the issue is the replacement one is LIGHTED, ie as someone
posted, more than just a momentary switch. Were any of the other
ones that did not work just a switch?