Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage-door push button

On Sat, 14 May 2011 10:58:22 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl
wrote:

A doorbell push-button operates my garage-door opener to raise and
lower the overhead garage door.

I've replaced the old push button with a new doorbell-push button.

When I press the new push button, the garage door goes in one
direction then stops. When I push the button again, nothing happens.
(I've wired the new push button the same way the old push button was
wired) I've even tried THREE other new push buttons of different
brands but they also move the door in just one direction.

When I re-install the original push button and push the button, the
door moves in one direction and, when I push the button again, the
door reverses.

What am I doing wrong?

Check the original button with an ohm meter to see exactly what it is.