Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rust removal

On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:29:16 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:52:52 -0400, Steve Walker
wrote:

Acquired a LOT of HO scale slot car track recently. The rails and end
connections are rusty, some very little, others, a lot. Need
recommendations on the best, non-abrasive way to remove this, without
damaging the styrene track itself. Preferably non-toxic.

=======
Try electrolytic de rusting. Should be a piece of cake if
you have a battery charger, plastic tub or dish pan, and
some bicarb or washing soda

http://www.icehouse.net/overland/derusting.html
http://www.remap-internet.org.uk/rem...tic+De-Rusting
http://modeleng.proboards.com/index.... &page=1#46588

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...6&d=1091999023

Be sure to let the group know what you use and how you make
out.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

Come to think of it..Ive got a fair amount of HO tracks and rolling
stock out in the Stacks O Stuff.

Anyone want it? Pay shipping.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is