Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"john B." wrote in message
On Fri, 13 May 2011 07:40:51 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through
sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and
obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a
non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and
anywhere
in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal.
Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

You just can't get past that "The love of money is the root of
all
evil" can you?

What are you trying to say?

Isn't it obvious? You've stated that you wanted to be one of the
100
richest.

And what exactly are you trying to say by that?

I can guess me might be trying to say something like "What does it
profit
a man to gain the world and lose his own soul".

If you achieve your goal, then what?

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised to find out what Jesus is really
all
about. Jesus' main problem was with the religious people, there is a
problem and a solution. It has been 39 years since I was "born again"
and
I'm still learning. When one is "born again" they have a new nature but
unfortunately their old nature is still there, this is why they are two
faced. The new nature wants to do God's will, the old sinful nature is
still there though. Christians aren't good people, they are such a
hopeless mess that they can only be saved by faith in Christ. A
Christian
is someone that realizes they are a hopeless case and they need a
savior.

RogerN

Those are my primary arguments in favor of religion: It lightens the loads
on our jails, and keeps some people on the job, who would otherwise be
hanging on street corners drinking Night Train Express.

Hang in there, Roger.

However, the modern, watered down, versions don't have the bang for a
buck that the Inquisition did.

Right. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!. as they said on Monty
Python.

--
Ed Huntress