Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Grease

On Fri, 13 May 2011 12:47:42 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

Pilgrim wrote:

It is a sealed bearing. I have cleaned out all the old hardened grease
after removing the shields. As it is in a semi-protected area and as I
have no way of replacing the shields, what type of grease should I repack
it with?: Wheel bearing grease, molly, or?

But, there's nothing wrong with moly - I just wonder about the price?

I wouldn't pack the bearings with any grease containing moly, unless
it's specifically recommended for ball bearings. Moly lubes are
generally called for in heavily loaded plain bearings and not
recommended for small rolling bearings.

--
Ned Simmons