Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fixing Crack in Poured Concrete Foundation

On May 12, 5:54*pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have a crack in my poured concrete foundation that I want to fix. *I
searched the net but many of the suggestions were for an interior repair.
The basement is finished at that point and I don't want to tear everything
oug. *I went to my local builders' supply to see if they had any advice..
They suggested I go to HD. *The guy there suggested I chisel out the crack,
parge with hydrostatic cement and apply a blue coating (I forget the name).
Nothing was said about a membrane. *Any suggestions?

Cracks are usually unstable. You can fix it and see what happens.
You will not find anyhting that you can use to "hold" the concrete
together if it is still moving around. You're better off ignoring it
and using a flooring solution that floats. Carpet, wood, or
laminate. No tile.