Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lyndell Thompson Lyndell Thompson is offline

Default Grease

Go to this webpage http://www.lubriplate.com/
and click on the ask a lubexpert box. Very knowlegable people and good
straight answers.
Good luck Lyndell

"Pilgrim" wrote in message
news
I am in the process of refurbishing a 1950 Delta-Rockwell drill press.It
has an auxiliary speed reducer that has a very weird ball bearing to
hold the step pulley. If I could even find a replacement I don't even
want to know what it would cost. It would cost more than the machine is
worth. They wanted $50 to $60 for the motor bearings which I am
replacing with cheaper ones and sone machined spacers.

It is a sealed bearing. I have cleaned out all the old hardened grease
after removing the shields. As it is in a semi-protected area and as I
have no way of replacing the shields, what type of grease should I repack
it with?: Wheel bearing grease, molly, or?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Chuck P.