Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Service at home depot.

"Steve B" wrote in
:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
.
.. On May 11, 11:44 am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Joe J" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Red Green" wrote in message
"Cheri" wrote
:

"mm" wrote in message
m...
According to Leno,

Guy in handcuffs, escaped from cops, ran into Home Depot, and
asked for bolt cutters.

Amazing, Leno said, actually found someone to help him.

Except none of the help at HD would know where the bold cutters
are.

Cheri

The Leno writers missed out on that awesome punchline.

The Leno writers miss out on a lot, like writing anything that's
halfway
funny for starters.

Cheri

I agree. We were diehard Tonight Show fans for decades, including
Leno but we stopped enjoying him a couple of years ago. I don't get
Letterman,
so it's now Jimmy Kemmel for us, off the DVR the next day. Maybe
once every 3 weeks he might even have a group performing that we
have actually
heard of. Yea, we're in our 50s.

You know you're old when you'd rather go to sleep than watch late
night. All of them have become political mouth puppets for the
liberals, and are b-o-r-i-n-g.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

I go back to Jack Parr days. He did a lot of his own writing (not
righting) and was very unpredictable. He also had a group of regulars
that made the show familiar but not too rigid.

Reply:

Jack and his ilk were just funny men with a great sense of timing.
Sid Ceasar, Imogene Coca, Ernie Kovacs, you name 'em. They kept up
with current events, saw the humor and irony in them, but had a Joe
Everyman delivery. They were probably paid very well for that time,
but nothing like the millions and millions today. People could relate
to them. I guess I'm getting old, and I don't mind that a bit. A lot
of this new "stuff", what they think is comedy, and the music has me
asking questions my own Daddy asked me.

WHADDYA LISTENING TO THAT **** FOR?

Growing old isn't for pussies.

The good old days weren't as convenient and easy as they are today in
many facets, but I firmly believe the quality of life was a lot more.
We had lawn darts and spud guns and could put our Confederate flag
out, and a drive-by was when your old man was too cheap to stop at the
DRIVE-IN! Kids went behind the gym or bleachers after school to
settle things, and they were settled. If someone pulled a weapon,
guys from their own crew would beat the crap out of them. It was a
fair fight, win or lose, or at least for the respect of the other
person.

Today everybody is Ohfeeeeended and needs counseling. Bunch of pussies.

We had punks and gangs and fights, but I never in my wildest dreams
would have ever imagined that we would decay this far this fast.

Same with comedy. Lots of good stuff still out there, but I just
don't get some of it.

BTW, have you heard of the poetry reading coming up at the White
House? Would that have flown in the sixties? Defiling a sacred place
is what it is.

Steve