Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Small Motor Seasonal Starting Saga Solved?

On May 11, 11:04*pm, Winston wrote:

My neighbor has a new pressure washer with a B&S 190cc engine with
ReadyStart that's a beast to start. He said it was a customer return
so it may have been defective from the factory. I waved my magic hands
over it and got it running for him, twice, but don't know exactly
which of the many tricks I tried actually worked.

The B&S site just lists all the standard checks like the plug and air
filter and put in new gas. I topped up the oil though it doesn't seem
to have a low-oil shutoff. Do those things have any common failure
modes?

If it were mine I'd pull it all apart to look for anything broken or
clogged. I don't want to risk his warranty.

He's a skilled carpenter but has bad luck with things mechanical.
While he was showing me his expensive new hose nozzle the plastic core
broke and blew out.
http://tinyurl.com/3vfutfb

jsw